Benchmarking is the key to understanding aftermarket services and reverse logistics performance and identifying areas for improvement.
Best Practice Benchmarking
What is it?
Benchmarking is the process of comparing a company's business processes and performance metrics (e.g., cost, cycle time, productivity or quality to industry or best practice standards, benchmarks.
Best Practice Benchmarking Benefits
- Provides a snap shot of the performance of you business and helps understand relationship to a standard of measurement
- Creates a "Burning Platform" for making changes and improvements
- Can be a "one-off event but it has the greatest impact when treated as a continuous process
Typical Applications of Benchmarking Results
- Establish "realistic" and objective performance targets
- Provide a baseline to measure the impact of systemic and procedural improvements both planned and actual
- Develop quantitative data points from which to evaluate make vs. buy outsourcing decisions
- Create basis for competitive comparison and evaluation of alternative investment scenarios
- Establish analytical framework for continuous quality improvements
The Optimal Performance Solution
Blumberg Benchmarks & Best Practices Program
Developed over many years, the benchmarking database has more than 40 parameters on which Blumberg can analyze your company's financial and operating performance against industry average best in class metrics.
Our comprehensive database contains information from that provide service and support on computers, office automation products, medical equipment, building and plant automation, telecommunications and network products, and medical electronics.
For example, we can objectively compare the number of service calls you handle, your response time, your repair time, and more factors with other companies according to the following company characteristics:
- type of technology supported
- type of service force (OEM, ISO, VAR, etc.)
- size of service force (Number of field engineers, bench technicians, etc.)
- geographic coverage